Senior Software Engineer, SRE
10 days ago
The world’s leading game engine is looking for forward-thinking engineers for our Site Reliability Engineering organization. Unity customers don’t like service disruptions, and neither do we. Our mission is to run production incidents... with technology. We build automation to measure, detect, and prevent production issues. When needed, we use experience and communication to work with other teams to resolve issues manually, and then make sure it doesn’t happen again!
There are SRE teams in three regions to offer 24x7 support - EMEA, Asia and Americas. Each region covers 8-hour shifts across 7 days a week, which includes coverage over the weekend and holidays.
As SRE's we truly believe in several philosophies to help achieve reliability. Firstly, Unity customers demand healthy services. Everything possible should be measurable and automated. Alerts must be actionable. Processes must be sensible, valuable & repeatable. Finally, don't reinvent the wheel.
What you'll be doing
- Incident management and post-mortem reviews
- Develop SRE related automation and tooling
- Work with development teams to enable them to achieve high level of service resiliency
- Participate in defining Site Reliability policy, process, technology and best practices
- Advocate for infrastructure improvements and standard methodologies across Unity Engineering
What we're looking for
- Experience with cloud environments and container technology, specifically GCP/GKE, Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD tools (eg: Terraform, Jenkins, Helm, etc)
- Proficiency with modern languages like Golang and Python
- Experience with Linux and standard tooling (Bash, Git, etc)
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting systems
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.