Senior Software Engineer - SEED
11 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
SEED is an innovation and applied research hub at EA. We bring world-class experts together to explore, build, and help define the future of interactive entertainment. Our work combines creativity with state-of-the-art technologies. Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Our bedrock is never-ending curiosity. We foster innovation through exploration, research, and prototypes. We solve game development challenges and deliver technology artifacts to game teams and central technology groups. We collaborate with industry partners and present and publish our work at major conferences. Such work includes bringing digital humans to life, using machine learning for game AI and testing, and developing novel real-time graphics and physics techniques.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer - a game developer with a wide gamut of applied research experience with game technology, such as gameplay, machine-learning, game engines, and pipelines - to deliver the most recent and best tech to our games.
You have developed and shipped games. You know the processes and steps in building games with good quality and performance - inside and out. You are also knowledgable in the relevant research areas in gaming that might evolves in the next few years into exceptional experiences, and amazing games. Perhaps we've already seen you speak at GDC, read the papers or articles you've published, or even played some of the games you have worked on. This position can be hybrid or onsite from EA office in Stockholm.
What does a Senior Software Engineer do at SEED:
- You will work with SEED researchers to design and implement new gametech with a focus on machine-learning.
- You will develop and author all phases of technical design and implementation.
- You will improve and harden techniques throughout the lifecycle of an R&D project.
- You will collaborate with game teams and central technology groups to understand their requirements better and bring expertise in overlapping areas.
- You are encouraged to share your work, publish, open source, and speak at conferences.
We are looking for an open and curious person. You get a kick out of taking new ideas, investigating and adapting them to games. This is a diverse team with big goals. Therefore, we are looking for individuals with a desire for innovation to explore and master new areas of game development. We want passionate, creative, and communicative people. We also expect our employees to be involved, and in return, we provide autonomy and true influence.
- 10+ years of PC or console game programming experience, with shipped AAA or Indie games.
- You excel at investigating, prototyping, and implementing solutions to complex technical problems across many game development-related fields.
- You have an advanced level of C++ and gamedev domain knowledge.
- You have an interest and basic understanding of AI and machine learning.
- Experience researching and optimizing for a variety of platforms.
If you want to be part of—and work with—some of the most incredible people in the field, then SEED is the team for you!
To learn more about SEED and our impactful work, check out https://seed.ea.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.