This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer (Rust), Mexico
14 days ago
Title: Senior Software Engineer (Rust)
Location: Remote, Anywhere in Europe
Positions: 2 vacancies
- Collaborate with design to provide feedback and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
- Deliver tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements.
- Awareness of how implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Optimize sections of the code that may be under-performing to meet desired performance requirements.
- Actively look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements in the team.
- Contribute to core company technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts.
- Learn new technologies as needed to deliver better solutions.
You must have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- Strong experience writing, shipping, and maintaining Rust code (2+ years)
- A high level of competency in object-oriented programming; data-oriented design is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, algorithmic and optimization skills.
- Experience developing high-performance asynchronous applications with Rust (tokio).
- Good understanding of network protocols and stacks.
- Understanding of Linux environment.
- Development experience with distributed systems.
- Secure coding practices.
- Ability to collaborate on projects and work independently when required.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills and critical thinking.
- Good DevOps practices and tools knowledge is a plus.
- Experience working with WASM is a plus.
- Good understanding of DB technologies: classic databases and modern no-SQL.
What we offer
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest game clients, titles, projects, and tech in the world.
- Attractive remuneration, holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar. Our environments thrive with collaborative team-work with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme. We empower our people and offer regular progression opportunities to ensure our employees flourish.
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever
Who we are
PTW is a boutique games services company that provides custom solutions worldwide. We believe in accelerating innovation across the globe. We started more than 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to who we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are still gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1,500 titles across all genres and all platforms.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 16 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE, 1518, OR Esports, and Entalize. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. 1518 is know industry wide for world-class art and is also our in-house game and product development studio.
Basically, anywhere in the world, any platform, any genre, we can help come up with a custom solution to make games run better, get to market faster, and enhance the lives of more players.
In summary, we connect and bring fun to the world.
Welcome to PTW, Family of Brands
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.