This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer - Quality and Resiliency
15 days ago
Unity Ads enables mobile game developers to make a living doing what they love - making games - by monetizing their entire player base with gaming ads for gamers. Trusted by large publishers and indies alike, we're proudly built by Unity and focus strongly on gaming. Unity Ads can deliver significant revenue to our developers by providing engaging, non-intrusive user-initiated video ads.
Resiliency, quality, and robustness are requirements in our environment, as our advertising network reaches hundreds of millions of game players, in tens of thousands of games all around the world. We are currently running a multitude of different microservices written in Golang and Node.js in GCP, relying on our high-volume, automatically scalable systems built atop Kafka, Cassandra, MongoDB, NATS, Redis, running on Docker with help of Terraform, Helm and Google Kubernetes Engine.
We’re now looking for a talented Senior Engineer to join our team and help us expand and enhance our levels of testing, quality, reliability, and resiliency. We are looking for someone who is experienced and excited about quality in complex environments; and also is able to help build systems and processes that enable our engineers to update web services quickly and safely. If you have deep expertise in CI/CD, Test Frameworks, deployment strategies and approaches to resilience engineering, this is an excellent opportunity to help lead a mature organization reach even higher levels of delivery excellence.
- Work on a product that enables ad delivery for most of the world’s devices, processing tens of thousands of requests every second
- Contribute to building a large-scale micro service infrastructure and setting up services & databases in the cloud
- Partner closely with development and Site Reliability Engineering teams to improve our service applications, infrastructure, and deployment
- Advise teams on testing and quality strategies - including use of staging environments or production testing as needed
- Knowledge of tools, systems, and frameworks necessary for high availability services
- Data Driven- Use data and metrics to drive decisions and develop strategies
- Expertise in CI/CD, Test Frameworks, deployment strategies
- Experience scripting/coding with one or more languages (such as Python, Ruby, Golang)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Continuous integration and delivery tooling (CI/CD) (such as GitLab CI, Jenkins, Travis CI)
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.