Senior Software Engineer, QA Tools
23 days ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, QA Tools
Do you love improving the quality of products and enabling others to improve their workflow and processes? Blizzard is seeking a passionate Senior Software Engineer who is excited to write frameworks and tools in support of testing our games and bringing them to the next level. As part of a small, dedicated group of engineers, you will work to develop, maintain, and improve the products used in testing and improving the quality of our games.
The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Our team values creativity, collaboration, and a commitment to quality and we are looking for a like-minded engineer to join our team. If you are committed to creating tools to enhance game development and provide epic experiences to our players, we want to hear from you!
Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Contribute to the development and operation of our products by completing coding and maintenance tasks
- Further the efficiency, maintainability, and scalability of the tools and technology developed by the team
- Maintain and drive technical vision for product development in alignment with team's roadmap and stakeholder needs
- Enable other team members to be productive contributing to the code areas they own
- Engage in team process development and be a role model for others
- Participate in Team and QA department wide activities to share, learn and coordinate on technical advancements at Blizzard
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience in a professional environment
- Proficiency in C#
- Experience with the Microsoft technology stack, with emphasis on ASP.NET Core
- Experience working with large existing codebases
- Experience processing, organizing and analysis of large data sets (test results, telemetry)
- Experience working with storage technologies (SQL and non-SQL)
- Demonstrate ownership, prioritization and follow-through on tasks required to make the team successful
- Comfortable following provided direction with high degree of autonomy
- Experience composing and presenting vision and architecture documentation
- Excellent communication skills, experience negotiating requirement trade-offs and building consensus with engineers and non-engineering stakeholders
- Experience in development of Software as a Service (SaaS) products
- Proficiency in multiple languages (C++, PowerShell, etc.)
- Service and customer-oriented mentality
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment games and features, at least at a casual player level
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!