Senior Software Engineer - Promotion Products
San Francisco, CA
10 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Position
Twitch enables content creators to live-stream content to their communities across the globe. Our suite of promotional products help creators, brands, and sponsors accelerate the growth and engagement of their communities. On the newly formed Promotions team, you’ll work with a talented, passionate, and customer obsessed team that will work on greenfield promotional products and features.
Twitch is seeking senior backend engineers with the curiosity, drive, and ingenuity to develop massively scalable services, APIs, and data processing pipelines that drive our nascent promotion business. These systems power products that give creators opportunities to grow their audiences and earn a living, provides them data and insights they need to do this effectively, and in a way that promotes community engagement.
The ideal contributor should have experience building, maintaining and continuously delivering high quality production services, platforms, or infrastructure in a distributed systems environment. Our senior engineers are expected to be leaders, with the experience and passion to lead large-scale complex initiatives, and to serve as role-models for engineers on the team. This is also a space to solve many problems using probabilistic/quantitative algorithms, so experience/background in a quantitative field will be important.
As the leader in this space, Twitch has a unique opportunity to invent promotional products in a live-streaming context. Our products will include innovative real-time experiences specific to Twitch. If you’re excited about being one of the earliest members of this team and having an outsize impact in an area that’s ripe for innovation, come work with us!
- Architect, design, develop, deliver, and operate new product services and features on native AWS infrastructure
- Scale and improve existing APIs and services used to power the Twitch promotions product suite
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Work across teams and organizations to deliver value to our creators, viewers, and advertisers
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient coder in one or more of the following: Go, Java, C++
- 10+ years of experience developing and operating high-volume low-latency distributed services, and/or high-volume data processing workflows
- Can thrive in a fast-moving and fast-changing environment
- Experience or familiarity with the AWS ecosystem of services (EC2, ECS, RDS, Dynamo, Lambda, CloudWatch)
- Experience or familiarity with experience building GraphQL APIs
- Experience or familiarity with ETL pipelines (Kinesis, Apache Airflow, Redshift)
- Experience or familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes and the container ecosystem
- Experience or familiarity with ML and probabilistic problem solving
- User (or streamer) on Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.