Senior Software Engineer - Player Platform, Console Experiences
Los Angeles, California, United States
16 days ago
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with our technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Player Platform, Console Experiences team, you’ll help us build amazing console experiences across platforms including Accounts and Identity and Personalized Content. Your expertise building native console user experiences that use distributed systems will create outstanding player experiences. Your work will help create a cohesive multi-platform experience that powers all games at Riot. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Console Experiences team.
- Contribute to architecture and solutions that support integrations with console platforms.
- Collaborate on the architecture of a cross-platform user experience framework.
- Be an individual contributor on the team building reference designs, tackling challenging and ambiguous technical solutions, conducting design and coding reviews.
- Implement technical outcomes and tools that create cohesive and natural player experiences for Riot’s games on console.
- Partner with product owners and technical leads to build and operate features end-to-end
- Work with game teams’ technical leads in wholly understanding development needs and challenges when working with central technologies at Riot
- Provide high-quality software by writing unit, functional, and integration tests
- Invest in team’s complete ownership of our products by participating in on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems , architecture)
- Experience shipping applications or games to any of the following platforms: XB1, PS4, Nintendo Switch.
- Experience with two or more of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, C#, Objective-C/Swift.
- Familiarity with “Infrastructure as Code” and tooling like Terraform, Docker and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform providers like AWS or GCP
- Experience implementing solutions for technical consumers.
- Experience defining and delivering technical solutions to technical customers/users.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).