This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer, Player Identity
8 months ago
Unity powers over half of all the world’s games and over two thirds of the world’s VR and AR products. We put the most powerful creative tools in the hands of millions of developers and artists through our foundational principle of Democratization of Development. We are hard at work integrating revolutionary systems deep into the core of Unity’s engine. Combining data from over a billion players with advanced deep learning technology and in house proprietary analytics. The goal is to make our customers more successful and their consumers happier.
The Player Identity team is a foundational cross-functional group providing a critical function for Unity services. The team’s mission is to provide a secure, flexible system for identifying players for interacting with Unity’s products, providing seamless access for those players between Unity services, and ensuring that their data is secure and privacy compliant. It is a team driving impact across Unity’s game services and a vital component for the success of Unity’s customers.
- Drive projects across feature teams of software engineers focused on delivering high impact solutions
- Write high quality code that supports existing and future functionality of the product
- Ensure service scalability through effective code and data storage design
- Work to ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Interface with internal and external teams at Unity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in building scalable software systems and writing production code
- Knowledge of Go, Java, C++, C or Node.js
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Experience developing games in Unity
- Knowledge of ad serving platforms and online advertising systems
- Experience with building consumer privacy controls
- Experience working with remote/international teams
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.