Senior Software Engineer, Platform API - Contractor
Plantation, FL; Toronto, ON; Sunnyvale, CA
13 days ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
We are looking for a C++ developer interested in shaping the Lumin Platform APIs. You will be responsible for building and maintaining the tooling and generation of the Lumin OS Platform APIs. We’ll be working with the various teams creating and using the APIs.
- Design and implement new features for the Platform API tools
- Diagnose and fix design and code defects
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure that our product meets the high expectations of quality
- Write sample applications and documentation, and assist our API users to lower their learning curve as much as possible
- Mentor and guide other engineers
- Thorough knowledge of modern C/C++ standards, libraries and best practices
- Proficient knowledge of C/C++ build toolchains
- Familiarity with build scripting languages (e.g. CMake, Ninja, GYP, GN, GNU Autotools, Meson)
- Nice to have: familiarity with C/C++ dependency management (e.g. Conan, VCPkg, MSBuild, Build2)
- 7+ years experience with C and C++.
- 3+ years experience with build scripting and tooling (e.g. CMake).
- Nice to have: experience with open-source software development.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- Master of Science degree preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.