Senior Software Engineer, Physics
Burbank, California, United States
11 days ago
Unity reaches the world on the next billion devices, from entry-level mobile phones to the highest-end AAA games and runtimes need to be highly performance and scalable. Our goals are to enable best in-class hardware usage and optimizations that can scale from tiny games running on smart watches, to large scale experiences in a way that’s fully accessible to our audience.
You will be joining a small and fast-growing Physics team at Unity to drive development of physics simulation in real-time interactive applications. Special emphasis on solutions that scale from low-power mobile up to high-end PC.
- Adapt existing Physics APIs to the capabilities of more capable hardware
- Integrate Physics API requirements into those of ECS and larger DOTS initiative
- Identify and exploit commonalities among APIs to reduce overall footprint
- Optimize simulation for speed and/or power consumption on target hardware
- Communicate with stakeholders about Physics API requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience shipping products under constraints of game, signal processing, or other real-time environments
- Knowledge of real-time physics simulation in practice, or equivalent linear algebra
- Experience using a debugger and profiler
- Solid understanding of floating-point mathematics and its limitations
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.