Senior Software Engineer - Performance & Optimization
14 days ago
Nifty Games is looking to hire a Senior Performance Optimization Engineer to help us ensure our games are delivered at the highest of quality, leveraging stable and scalable technology. You will provide a split of leadership and hands-on coding responsibilities, while bringing a wide range of knowledge of programming languages and tools. You will work directly with industry veterans from small and large companies alike, and must have a passion for supporting internal and external partners in everyday technology decisions.
- Work with the Technical Director to optimize app performance across multiple Unity-built titles
- Define and enforce performance budgets across full range of supported devices
- Work with QA to identify device performance metrics and ensure compatibility test coverage
- Provide guidance and training for Engineering teammates to optimize existing and write new, more performant code
- Support day-to-day development issues for individual titles, attempting to predict and avoid problems, while being prepared to troubleshoot and provide a resolution as needed
- Work with production teams to scope, plan, and execute on a high-quality game and content
- 6-8 years of games industry engineering experience, including multiple shipped and operated titles
- Excellent C# programming skills
- Extensive experience in Unity, profiling and optimizing performance on a wide array of iOS and Android devices
- Experience defining and enforcing realistic performance budgets and providing tools and feedback for other engineers to utilize
- Experience in multiple core systems such as 2D and 3D rendering, shaders, asset management, networking
- Exceptional problem solver who thrives in uncertainty and is able to identify multiple, creative solutions to the various challenges developers and publishers face
- A team-first player who is able to work well with all disciplines, both on-site and remote
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What Additional Skills Will Help You Stand Out?
- Passion for mobile gaming, sports gaming, and professional sports
- Familiar with PlayFab/Gamesparks for managed backend services
Nifty Games, Inc is an equal opportunity employer with offices in Chicago, the San Francisco Bay Area, and the Greater Los Angeles region. This role can be placed in any location. Nifty Games is a venture-funded games developer & publisher focused on quick session, head to-head sports games for mobile devices. Nifty Games is a proud partner of the NFL, NFLPA, NBA & NBPA. Learn more at www.niftygamesinc.com. Nifty Games, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. During the current COVID-19 pandemic, we will be exercising caution with all employees ,and are not requiring employees to work on-site at this time. This role will likely be starting in a "work from home" capacity until conditions allow for a safe return to the office.