Senior Software Engineer, Perception Framework / Motion Controller
Sunnyvale, CA; Toronto, ON; Plantation, FL (HQ)
10 days ago
Senior Software Engineer (Perception Framework / Motion Controller)
Software development position where you will make the future of motion controller technology a reality. Will work on various aspects of our motion controller technology: bringing data streams through our processing framework, managing the lifecycle of each controller, processing filters, low latency data transfers, recording and playback tools, and analyzing data / tweaking algorithms to improve performance. If you are a fast-learner with a positive attitude and a strong passion for working with new technology, come join us in redefining the way people experience the world through unique Mixed-Reality technologies.
- Architect, design, implement and debug all aspects of the software pipeline that powers our motion controllers.
- Debug Timing, Race Conditions, Memory issues on a daily basis in a timely manner.
- Work across related teams from hardware and factory to applications and user experience to understand requirements and develop solid interfaces.
- Promote the highest quality software development practices whenever possible.
- Feed motion controller specific learnings back into the design and improvement of our perception processing framework.
- Develop algorithms and models for tracking our unique controller as accurately as possible.
- Solve all engineering problems that are encountered along the way.
- 5-7 years of experience in software development
- Fluent in C and C++ languages
- Experience in object oriented design/architecture
- Familiarity with multi-threaded systems
- Experience with Android build system, Git, Gerrit, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience building high-performance low latency shared memory communication systems
- Experience with professional software development practices (specifically, code review, incremental and unit testing, Agile/Scrum type processes, etc)
- Experience in performance analysis
- (Bonus) Experience with motion controller technologies
- (Bonus) Understanding of 3D transformations and quaternions
- (Bonus) Experience with embedded development
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- MS or higher preferred
- If you don’t meet all these requirements but think you’d be a good fit for the role please reach out anyway. We’d love to hear from you.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.