Senior Software Engineer, Optimisation Team
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
12 days ago
Our mission in the Core Optimisation team is to enhance the performance of the Unity editor and engine to enable our creators to work efficiently and get the most from the hardware they run on. Situated in converted farm buildings, surrounded by sheep and tractors, our office environment is informal, relaxed and frequently full of cake. We are looking for new colleagues to join our enthusiastic, experienced and friendly team. Our performance improvements enable creators to develop more quickly, include more content, run on more devices and reduce energy usage.
You will be profiling, analysing data and optimising the editor and runtime engine. At Unity you have the opportunity to work on a wide range of platforms, making code more efficient and reducing memory usage. You will be making improvements that help developers in studios big and small, all over the world. You will work closely with other Unity employees from around the globe, collaborating to optimise new and existing features.
- Profiling and analysing the Unity editor and engine to identify and guide performance improvements
- Optimising systems to reduce code execution time and/or memory usage
- Creating or improving performance tests to catch future regressions in the code base
- Documenting the analysis and measured performance improvement to demonstrate the success of your work
- Working across a wide range of platforms, including console and mobile
- Evangelising performance and supporting other teams working to produce efficient software
- Experience with the C++ programming language
- Passion for creating high performance code
- Good social and communication skills
- Willingness to learn from others and proactively contribute your knowledge to the team and the company at large
- Experience with Unity or a similar game engine
- Experience with profiling tools
- An understanding of the issues around writing multithreaded code
- C# / Mono / .NET experience
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.