This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer - (Open to Remote)
17 days ago
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer - (Open to Remote)
Toys for Bob, a collaborative team of stellar individuals that have inspired love, joy, and laughter through epic AAA entertainment for more than 30 years, is open to remote work! Our passion for developing award-winning games with diverse genres includes the Crash Bandicoot®, Call of Duty®, Overwatch®, Spyro®, Skylanders®, and Tony Hawk® franchises. We are constantly evolving and support our growing employees to be as innovative as they can be. Toys for Bob’s experienced developers are looking for creative individuals ready to take on exciting and new projects. Join us!
Toys for Bob is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, visit us at www.toysforbob.com and @ToysForBob on Twitter.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with content teams to push our systems to new heights. This is a great opportunity to be part of a driven and passionate engineering team that defines and shapes our player's experience.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design of our gameplay and tools systems
- Develop, modify, and debug software in script and C/C++
- Deploy, optimize and test software on PC and console platforms
- Collaborate with other internal departments (art, design, audio, QA, etc.)
- Document software and features for internal and external teams
- Participate in the code review process
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
- Shipped multiple game titles
- 7+ years of proven experience working in the game industry or related field
- Ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Creative, motivated, focused, hardworking, results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
- Passion for games
- Aptitude for systems design and innovation
- Understanding of animation systems and techniques
- Familiarity with physics simulation
- Experience with console development
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Toys for Bob is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.