Senior Software Engineer (Network) - Vicarious Visions
Albany New York 12205 United States of America
10 days ago
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer (Network) - Vicarious Visions
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Network team, your mission is to implement networking systems including online multiplayer, matchmaking, community features, and 1st party technical requirements to create an immersive experience for our players. This role requires knowledge of fundamental networking behaviors including synchronization, authority, determinism, replication, prediction, latency, and bandwidth.
- Implementation of software in C++ and other languages.
- Architect and design software systems through collaboration with engineers, designers, and artists.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Follow and enforce group standards and best practices.
- Assist and mentor other programmers in areas of specialization.
- Continually expand knowledge of new game technologies and systems
- Create accurate time estimates
- 5+ years’ experience in Network Engineering
- Experience in low-level programming primarily in C/C++
- Proficient with synchronization, lag compensation, UDP/TCP
- Experience implementing network architectures such as client/server and Peer-to-Peer
- Experience with protocol design and optimization
- Ability to analyze, improve and extend a large established codebase
- Excellent debugging skills within a networked environment
- Designing implementation and using Web API’s such as REST
- Proficiency in database modeling and access libraries
- Experience in levering game backend services a plus
- Developed and shipped at least one online multi-player game a plus
- Proficiency in Python AND/OR C# is a plus
In 2018, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 27th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products. We’ve worked on some of the most successful game franchises, including Skylanders®, Guitar Hero™, Marvel Ultimate Alliance™, Crash Bandicoot™, Spider-Man™, and Tony Hawk™.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices.