Senior Software Engineer (Network Storage)
Aliso Viejo, CA, United States
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
(Aliso Viejo, CA)
Senior Software Engineer
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a talented software engineer seeking to push the boundaries of cloud gaming. As part of the Hardware and Systems Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing cutting-edge technology powering PlayStation Now and other cloud-based services. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop innovative hardware and software technologies for production-grade services and work on Linux / BSD systems and a wide variety of CPU, storage and network technologies. Never a dull day, this position offers a healthy mix of production and R&D projects, ensuring challenging and rewarding responsibilities.
An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys facing new challenges and takes great pride in overcoming them.
- Design and development of robust modular systems
- Development of system software
- Troubleshooting performance and reliability issues at a global scale
- BS in Computer Science / Software Engineering or 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience in C/C++ and/or Python
- 5+ years of experience in Linux systems programming
- 5+ years of experience developing storage solutions
Skills & Knowledge
- Exceptional understanding of distributed storage solutions, such as Ceph
- Experience working with AWS S3 / Azure cloud storage
- Strong C/C++/Python programming and development skills
- Strong debugging / analysis / troubleshooting / profiling skills
- Familiar with networking and storage protocols
- File/object/block-based storage
- Git version control
- Motivated self-starter
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Active contributor to open-source projects (including Linux, and Python)
- Experience in developing distributed systems
- Familiarity with software-as-a-service
- Understanding of Japanese language and culture
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.