This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer (Network Programmer)
17 days ago
Title: Senior Software Engineer (Network Programmer)
Location: Remote, Anywhere in Canada
Positions: 2 vacancies
- Develop technical design specifications, implement, and test plans.
- Test, debug and take a lead on revising new or legacy engine network systems.
- Play a role in the development of network systems appropriate to a given game.
- Implement and support other network features as required by a given game's target platform or platforms.
- Complete profiling, performance-analysis, performance tuning.
- Research state of the art techniques and contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game networking.
- Work with Technology Programmers, Development Directors, QA Testers, and game project production staff throughout various points of the game production life cycle.
- Meet production schedules and deadlines.
- Mentor other programmers.
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree related to Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years in real-time development using C/C++/Rust.
- Utilizing common programming practices such as OOP, Inheritance hierarchies, templates, and other common programming techniques.
- Experience developing networking algorithms and systems for multi-player games.
- Strong 3D Math skills.
- Knowledgeable in the following areas:
- TCP and reliable UDP
- Packet prioritization
- Data Compression
- Packet Validation
- Secure packet transmission
- Networking Timelines or other client-side prediction techniques.
What we offer
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest game clients, titles, projects, and tech in the world.
- Attractive remuneration, holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar. Our environments thrive with collaborative team-work with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme. We empower our people and offer regular progression opportunities to ensure our employees flourish.
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever
Who we are
PTW is a boutique games services company that provides custom solutions worldwide. We believe in accelerating innovation across the globe. We started more than 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to who we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are still gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1,500 titles across all genres and all platforms.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 16 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE, 1518, OR Esports, and Entalize. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. 1518 is know industry wide for world-class art and is also our in-house game and product development studio.
Basically, anywhere in the world, any platform, any genre, we can help come up with a custom solution to make games run better, get to market faster, and enhance the lives of more players.
In summary, we connect and bring fun to the world.
Welcome to PTW, Family of Brands
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.