This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer, Native
Plantation, FL, United States
6 months ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
As a Senior Software Engineer working on native applications you will drive the engineering effort to build production-grade software in C++. You will interface closely with various teams such as our native SDK team, backend engineers, and product managers in order to translate requirements and constraints into end-to-end native software. The ideal candidate will have broad experience ranging from low-level systems programming to high-level 2D/3D graphics.
- Translate product requirements, SDK and platform capabilities into production-grade applications in C++
- Work closely with key stakeholders and developers of our native (C/C++) SDKs
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test-driven principles to develop high-quality applications
- Clearly communicate with engineering and product team progress, define expectations, and help set timelines
- Create test plans and testing strategies for native code
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Be a mentor and subject matter expert within the company and developer community
- 5+ years of experience shipping production-grade applications in C/C++
- Experience with POSIX networking, IPC, and thread management
- Experience writing large-scale business logic in C/C++
- Experience with OpenGL or 2D/3D frameworks and libraries a plus
- Experience developing against Android and Linux platforms a plus
- Proficiency with Git
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment where goals and requirements may constantly be changing
- Committed to learning and sharing with the team to help achieve overall goals. Must work well in groups
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.