Senior Software Engineer, Mobile Game Engines
Redwood City California United States
5 months ago
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, MOBILE GAME ENGINES (EA Studios, Mobile/Maxis Central Tech Team)
We Are EA
And we make games! How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
What you’ll do...
- Help game teams with core tech / engine needs throughout their development cycle and help make sure they won’t need your help as a firefighter.
- Work with designers, artists, and animators to design new core game systems and tools.
- Research and apply state of the art techniques.
- Apply your creativity to intense optimization needs.
- Create new technology to boost game and team capabilities.
- Mentor other engineers.
Ideally you have…
- Extraordinary C/C++ skills, with 5+ years of experience with game technology or similar.
- Proven experience developing on Android and iOS, including debugging and profiling low-level systems.
- Working knowledge of industry standard techniques such as spatial structures, real-time lossy decompression, producer-consumer solutions, resource paging, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing complex systems.
- Ability to creatively apply 3D math.
- Comfort with handling large code bases.
- Strong interest in exploring emerging and available technologies.
- A strong mental model of how processors, GPUs, and other essential hardware components work and how it relates to code and performance.
Perks & Benefits
- 401K with company match and no vesting period.
- Restricted stock units for new hires.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Paid time off and holiday office closures including shutdown between Christmas and New Year's.
- Generous parental leave for new parents.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and other health and welfare plans.
- Disability, Life, and AD&D insurance benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for heath and child care.
- Free games and company store with discounts on games and consoles.
- Other perks include education assistance, commuter benefits, adoption assistance, legal services, mental health support, and group home, auto, and pet insurance.