Senior Software Engineer - Metaverse
11 days ago
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ForwardXP is expanding as we create leading edge Metaverse VR experiences. In this position you will join a veteran team of engineers, designers and other senior leadership with decades of experience creating engaging interactive experiences. We bring our background in creating some of the largest video game franchises in history to create Metaverse VR experiences that go beyond anything else on the market today.
COVID-19 Update: ForwardXP is based in Dallas, Texas, and we have transitioned to a mostly work-from-home model during this time. This role is intended to be an on-site role in our Dallas office once the world gets back to normal. Our goal right now is to find great talent, but also be flexible and accommodating to everyone's individual circumstances during these difficult times.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We're looking for a passionate and driven software engineer who can help us build great applications across multiple platforms. As a Senior Software Engineer on the metaverse team you will work on a variety of projects in VR and AR, spanning both enterprise and entertainment target audiences. You’ll be part of a small and highly collaborative team that solves tough technical challenges in an energetic, startup-like environment. You will design, implement, test and deploy apps to multiple platforms as part of a talented and experienced development team.
- 5+ years of writing production quality C/C++ code
- Experience and passion for working in virtual reality
- Close collaboration with the team to design and build new features
- Experience developing with DirectX 11+, OpenGL, or Vulkan APIs
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Curious and self-directed with a strong attention to detail and a user-centric approach
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where priorities can shift
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience building native apps for Android and/or iOS
- Experience developing in Java and/or C#
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience debugging across a variety of hardware platforms
- Experience communicating over a network with REST or GraphQL APIs
- Familiarity with back-end services development in a language such as Node.js, Python, Go, etc.