Senior Software Engineer, Media Network
Irvine, CA, United States
1 month ago
Activision Blizzard Media Network is looking for a talented and passionate Senior Software Engineer to join a full stack web applications team. The technology we create powers epic experiences for a global audience of players, fans and partners.
We collaborate with multiple teams across Activision Blizzard to deliver media experiences which can be found on the MLG.com and Overwatch League site and apps, inside Call of Duty titles and PlayStation 4 consoles. Our platform connects millions of gamers across the world through viewership incentives, online chat, eSports competitions and more.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a collaborative environment working closely with product managers, designers, engineers and industry veterans to deliver engaging media experiences across desktop, mobile, console and at live in-person events. You will have a passion for compelling user experiences and be an evangelist of front end technologies and best practices.
This position is based at our Headquarters in Irvine, California.
- A passion for delivering epic user experiences
- Expert knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and building component-oriented user interfaces
- Been an advocate and leader of UX/UI best practices and standards
- Experience delivering consistent experiences across multiple browsers and devices
- Working knowledge of backend services and APIs
- Fluency in the full software development lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills, with experience using DevTools performance monitoring and memory profiling
- A desire to write clean, readable, testable code
- Worked in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with remote/distributed teams
- Experience working with media playback technologies, video content management systems or internet streaming technologies
- Experience with HTML5 Canvas, CSS3 animations, WebGL or other interactive web technologies
- Experience working with design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Abstract
- Familiarity with web security standards and best practices
- Previous experience managing or mentoring software engineers
Required Application Materials
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing.