This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer Manager
17 days ago
EA was founded in 1982 by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry-and the company-has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world's best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world's most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The commerce team is tasked to develop one of the largest ecommerce platform to power hundreds of games played by hundreds of millions of gamers. The commerce platform is responsible for providing foundation services to game studios including identity management, account, subscription, billing, payment, virtual currency, provisioning, entitlement, risk and fraud at 24x7 with 99.99% reliability.
The successful candidate of this position will serve as a Software Engineer manager in Commerce Platform team who is responsible for design and implementation of subscription management system.
- Lead technical design and implementation of a feature
- Be subject matter expert in the area.
- Troubleshoot issues raised from production and resolve customer problems.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capability
- Code review peer developer's code and provide constructive feedbacks to ensure consistency and quality of code
- Participate in hiring process.
- Manage software engineers and software engineer managers, mentor and grow team members
- Manage resource and budget, exercise property tradeoff based on priority and ROI
- Assess performance based on guideline and provide timely feedback to employees
- Champion in development process and advocate for best practice.
- Lead by example and continue to design and implement critical features.
- Provide technical leadership to the team
- Work with management and business team on planning process
- Coordinate with PM/Test team on release planning, project management and live site support.
- Strong Analytical Problem Solving Skill
- Solid computer science background including Algorithm, Data Structure, Operation System etc.
- Ability to quickly learn complexity system and new technologies
- Passion about customer, partner and quality
- Proven track record of releasing commerce software product
- Proven track record of design/architecture of a large components.
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers and hire hires into high performing stars.
- Experience in live site troubleshooting
- Experience in leading large projects
- Deep Experience with C#/Java/C++ development.
- Experience in building and running large scale distributed online services is big plus
- Experience in building billing payment system is preferred
- Experience with large distributed database design is preferred
- BS/MS in Computer science or related technical major is required.
- 10+ years of commercial software development
- 3+ years of managing a software engineering team.
- Proven track record in hiring talents