Senior Software Engineer, Machine Management
8 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Senior Software Engineer - Machine Management (Inventory, Bootstrap).
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Machine Management team you will design and implement the Machine Management tech stack: the software lifecycle of provisioning new compute servers, managing continuously running software systems, and building automation software for data centers.
The Machine Management team oversees:
- Machine management software to declaratively manage and run Roblox DCs.
- Reducing the operational toil of Roblox Engineers.
- Machine level Agents and Control plane.
- Systems and API automation for Roblox Private Cloud.
- 4+ years of industry experience.
- Prefer systems automation over ops and repetitive tasks.
- Like and understand the importance of documentation for large scale systems.
- Care deeply about production health and reliable, sustainable production systems.
- Customer, team, and quality oriented.
- Like getting things done
- Bonus: Experienced in building with large fleet management software and software rollout at scale.
- Create, build, and support the cluster management, and service infrastructure that powers Roblox.
- Design and implement the software that manages servers running in Roblox’s worldwide data centers.
- Automate the deployment of software: The operating system, software patches, orchestration software, and software upgrades.
- Build the software lifecycle of provisioning new compute servers, managing continuously running software systems, and ensuring that they are up-to-date.
- Engineer and scale out the control plane services of Roblox data centers.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$218,540 — $283,780 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.