Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning
San Francisco, CA
1 year ago
Our Machine Learning team is looking for experienced machine learning engineers. This team is tasked with building out our infrastructure to better enable Discord to leverage machine learning. Additionally, this team works on a range of problems that involve classification, scoring, ranking, textual understanding, and spam detection.
What you'll be doing
- Design and build scalable infrastructure for processing our machine learning workflows
- Work closely with our data infrastructure team to build the data stream that power our ML models
- Work with modern machine learning and data technologies including Kafka, Apache Beam, TensorFlow, and Airflow
- Collaborate with various internal teams (product, engineering, anti-abuse) to scope and deliver ML-powered products and tools
- Code with the best language for the job, whether that's Rust, Go, Python, or Scala
- Take part in shaping the vision and mission for the team
What you should have
- 4+ years of experience working with machine learning, infrastructure or backend
- 2+ years of experience with large scale distributed systems
- Passion for driving projects and solving problems from conception to deployment
- An analytical mindset for understanding problems and measuring results
- Ability to succeed in an environment with ambiguity
- Experience working within cloud infrastructure
- Experience with ML libraries/frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras or XGBoost
- Experience with modern data technologies (Spark, Hive, Kafka, Beam, Airflow)
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
We'd love your help. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.