Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning Engineering
11 days ago
At Discord, we believe everyone can find a place where they belong. Our mission is to help make it easy for everyone to connect and engage with friends, communities and content on Discord. We use Machine Learning to make Discord feel smart and delightful. We are working on augmenting user experiences with personalized recommendations, smart notifications, and Generative AI.
We are a machine learning engineering team that works across the stack to deliver production ML systems. If you’ve worked with applied ML teams and building things from scratch sounds exciting to you, read on!
What You'll Do:
- Build and iterate on new ML-driven products to foster creativity, discovery and engagement on Discord
- Build robust, high-scale low latency machine learning systems that power personalized experiences for millions of users every day
- Build generalizable serving infrastructure using MLOps stacks like Vertex AI, TorchServe
Who You Are:
- You have a Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field including Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math, Statistics or other quantitative fields
- You have 7+ years of professional experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or Software Engineer or 5+ years with an advanced degree
- You have experience delivering large-scale, distributed machine learning systems
- You have programming skills in Python and an understanding of software engineering principles, including writing clean, maintainable code
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to work well cross-functionally
- You approach problems with first principles. You are comfortable with ambiguity and get excited about working collaboratively to figure out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them. You can take a high-level, ambiguous goal and achieve a shippable solution
- You have a strong product sense, and you’re passionate about applications driven by user feedback and end user experiences
The US base salary range for this full-time position is ($230,000) to ($256,000) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-relate4d skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!