Senior Software Engineer - Java
10 days ago
Electronic Arts Information Technology (EAIT) group keeps our employees and business operations connected globally. As a digital entertainment company, EA's enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. We bring creative technology services to each one of these areas, keeping everyone creative, collaborative and productive. Our team ensures better play across all of EA and needs your help to do that.
The job can be OnSite Hybrid (Bucharest) or Offsite, depending on your preferences.
Main Purpose of the Role
You will work on the continued development of the Shift application, an enterprise application responsible for managing, transferring, and tracking EA intellectual property, game builds, throughout the organization.
You will report to the director of software engineering.
- You will gather and verify technical requirements from partners or business analysts
- Author designs ensure the completion of all requirements
- Analyze business processes and define application workflows focusing on usability
- Establish quality standards through code reviews and design approvals
- Participate in the implementation plan that includes schedule, priorities, dependencies, and deliverables
- Write high-quality code and debug across multiple modules while dealing with related external dependencies
- Perform complete testing of web applications – unit, system, and black box testing
- Mentor co-workers within understood expertise
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Java programming skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent Software Engineering skills
- 10+ years of proven experience in web development projects
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience with web applications using REST, WebSocket, Webhooks
- Java EE, Spring Integration, KAFKA
- Rabbit MQ
- Azure DevOps
- Experience with Cloud design patterns; Microservices, domain-driven design
- Experience in Nuxeo Platform; DM, or DAM
- Past experience working in a multicultural, distributed team
- Programming skills in Microsoft technologies (.NET, C#)
- Experience working with databases, MS SQL, Postgres, NoSQL, etc.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.