This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer (Java) - Products and Services (18 months Contract)
11 months ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
From Dublin, we provide engineering expertise not only for the whole of Europe, but also for all of Riot's worldwide player base. We partner with product managers, publishing teams, and player support specialists. Most importantly, we focus on products and features that bring maximum awesomeness to our players.
As Senior Software Engineer (Contract) you'll report into an Engineering Manager and you'll write the code that powers products and services deployed across the globe. You'll work across multiple technologies and problem domains, architecting and building high traffic, high availability solutions, and integrating with Riot's existing platforms and APIs.
As a software engineer in Riot Dublin, you could:
- Develop services to support personalized experiences to our players and monitor their effectiveness.
- Create compelling interactive experiences within the League of Legends client.
- Establish and refine DevOps tooling, infrastructure, and monitoring.
- Add new features and components to Riot web properties like leagueoflegends.com and lolesports.com.
Here are just some of the things we've been working on so far:
- Redesigning, testing, and optimizing player content experiences in the League of Legends client.
- Partnering with 3rd parties (like Twitch) to reward players.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working on high traffic, distributed systems and microservices
- Deep expertise in Java
- You have a language agnostic mindset; picking the right tool for the job
- You value player empathy as much as we do; never losing sight of the person who will be using the software that you build
- Given the nature of this role we will only accept candidates currently residing in Ireland with the relevant Work Visa's or Permits
Your and our tech specs:
We work with a diverse set of technologies, but most of all we value engineers who are passionate about delivering value to players. Some examples of the technologies we use include (but are by no means limited to):
- Java (primary language) / Kotlin, Node.js, Python, Go
- Redis, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Hazelcast
- AWS, Linux, Nginx
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible
- New Relic, Grafana, Kibana
Additional insight into applying to Riot Engineering is available on our discipline page.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. RiotGames makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or any other category protected by law.