This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer (Java), Ecommerce - Purchase
Irvine, CA, United States
7 months ago
ApplyThe Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our E-commerce team handles millions of transactions spanning the globe for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and Overwatch franchises. Have you ever wondered what happens when you make a purchase in Hearthstone? Are you curious about what happens during a game launch where millions of customers unlock access to games, features, upgrades, and more? We're the team that provides the platform that powers all those features and more.
As a software engineer on the E-commerce Payments team, you will a join group of engineers dedicated to building a global platform allowing our fans worldwide to experience Blizzard content. You will be a part of our continuing efforts to evolve our order acquisition and workflow orchestration systems to keep up with an ever-changing commerce landscape. You will also be exposed to the inner-workings of the online and mobile payment spaces. In this role, you will not only be writing code but be a part of projects across all phases of our SDLC.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
• A minimum of 8 years of professional software engineering experience • Expert knowledge of CS fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
• Expert understanding of service-oriented architecture, including web services, message-oriented middleware, security, and n-tier architectures Strong understanding of scalable and highly concurrent server architecture design Familiar with various forms of testing practices, including regression, acceptance, functional, and load testing
• Expert knowledge of data-modeling and RDBMS development experience • Excellent communication skills • Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
• Linux experience
• Familiarity with the Spring Framework
• Previous experience delivering easy-to-use APIs to multiple consumers
• Passion for technology and video games
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!