This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer (Java Backend), Remote
17 days ago
Title: Senior Software Engineer (Java Backend)
Location: Remote, Anywhere in Mexico
Positions:: 5 vacancies
- Coordinating with game development teams to determine application requirements and their estimation.
- Writing scalable and well maintainable code using Java programming language.
- Testing and debugging applications.
- Developing back-end components within the stipulated time.
- Integrating user-facing elements using server-side logic.
- Assessing and prioritizing client feature requests.
- Integrating data storage solutions and other services provided by third parties.
- Coordinating with front-end developers.
- Developing digital tools to monitor different application data points and online traffic.
- Doing necessary research and development to solve new problems.
- Working with cloud infrastructure
- Maintain up-to-date technical documentation and provide integration support to game teams and team members
You must have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Java developer.
- Expert knowledge of Java and related frameworks including Spring, SpringBoot.
- A deep understanding and multi-process framework in Java.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources into a single system.
- Experience with databases such as MongoDB, MySQL, Redis.
- Experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying secure micro services. Define and develop REST APIs.
- Working experience with cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure, or Google cloud.
- Ability to collaborate on projects and work independently when required.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills and critical thinking.
What we offer
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest game clients, titles, projects, and tech in the world.
- Attractive remuneration, holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar. Our environments thrive with collaborative team-work with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme. We empower our people and offer regular progression opportunities to ensure our employees flourish.
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever
Who we are
PTW is a boutique games services company that provides custom solutions worldwide. We believe in accelerating innovation across the globe. We started more than 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to who we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are still gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1,500 titles across all genres and all platforms.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 16 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE, 1518, OR Esports, and Entalize. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. 1518 is know industry wide for world-class art and is also our in-house game and product development studio.
Basically, anywhere in the world, any platform, any genre, we can help come up with a custom solution to make games run better, get to market faster, and enhance the lives of more players.
In summary, we connect and bring fun to the world.
Welcome to PTW, Family of Brands
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.