Senior Software Engineer III
19 days ago
Pixelberry Studios is a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the App Store's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our market-leading, award-winning mobile game, Choices: Stories You Play, broke into the Top 5 in the App Store. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
We've seen firsthand the positive impact that games can make. Because of that, we leverage our commercial success to make a real difference: we have partnered with numerous non-profits, saved actual lives with our games, and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to charities. Players love our games’ focus on racial, gender, sexual, and identity diversity while holding us accountable when they expect more.
Some of us at Pixelberry have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots and actively make a difference. We love what we do and are looking for passionate, like-minded people who want to grow, learn, and make a difference together.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Your future is our future; we are a game development studio that is working at the edge of computer science: graph databases, artificial intelligence, microservice fabrics, cutting-edge graphic engine pipeline support, and an internal vision that will revolutionize our industry. We are looking for rockstar talent to help us deliver our next phase of technology that's very different from what you can currently find in the marketplace. Sure, we have a few ideas and a roadmap, but that is never enough! We need your thoughts and opinions ... and we need you ... to help us find that magical intersection between content and technology, where we can inspire the industry and the community to achieve something different. We are visualizing a future where you make an impact!
Our headquarters are in Los Altos, CA but we can accommodate a remote work environment for a candidate from the following states: California, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, and Washington.
Currently, all Pixelberry staff work remotely with the option to work in-office, if desired.
- Collaborate with Production, QA team, and teammates to develop new technology
- Design, code, unit test, and maintain scalable server codebases
- Research new technologies and help architect the future technology roadmap
- Develop fun, innovative features used by millions
- Maintain a mentoring relationship with members of your team
- Follow and encourage standards around development, code review, testing, and deployment
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of React, Angular, Vue experience
- 3+ years of database experience (SQL, noSQL)
- Experience with the AWS technologies such as Dynamo, S3, API Gateway, EventBridge, etc.
- Experience with unit testing and e2e testing (jest, cypress, etc)
- Solid foundational programming skills (algorithms, data structures, OOP, etc)
- Ability to solve cutting-edge technical challenges at scale, with performant solutions
- A passion for games, and an understanding of how they work
- Good communication skills
- U.S. work authorization
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- 401(K) with matching program
- Paid Year-End Break
- For local employees that elect to work in-studio, a relaxed office environment with free food and snacks
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world.
Pixelberry Studios values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry is also an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Compensation Description for Pay Transparency (annually)
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $126,000 - $190,000 annually.
Our salary ranges are determined by market data based on position and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum salaries for that position. Where an individual’s pay falls within the range is determined by factors including, but not limited to, location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
In some cases, compensation may fall outside of this range depending on factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.