Senior Software Engineer II, Game Services Core
16 days ago
Team Name:Battle.net & Online Products
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer II, Game Services Core
The Battle.net Game Services Core team provides the technology used by other teams to build dozens of mission-critical services which power the Battle.net global in-game social network, player management services, and common game utilities for Activision Blizzard titles. Our mission is to enable developers to produce high-performance scalable services quickly & with quality, so they can focus on creating features that unlock the greatness of gaming TOGETHER.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· 2 years of experience with software development in C++
· Experience building distributed systems and client/server applications
· Experience with Linux development, GDB debugging, and command line tools
· Strong communication and collaboration skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with a specialization in Software Engineering
· 3-4 years of experience with software development in C++, including C++17 or later
· Experience developing libraries, frameworks, and/or SDKs for use by other developers · Experience with Functional Programming through Rust, OCaml, Scala, F#, or Haskell
· GCP, AWS, Alicloud, OpenStack or other public/private cloud experience
· Experience with Windows application or service development
· Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher, Argo CD, etc.
· Working knowledge of large-volume, low-latency message systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, MQTT, NATS, TIBCO Messaging, etc.
· Working knowledge of MySql, Cassandra, Redis, or related relational and NoSQL databases
· Experience supporting a live always-on service
· A passion for video games and technology
About the Role
You will join a tight-knit Empowered Product Team that develops scalable, highly performant and highly available global game services. This role focuses on building and improving the core platform which powers player social and game systems, as used by studios across Activision and Blizzard and daily by millions of players concurrently. This team is the lynchpin of Battle.net player systems and you will be involved in some fashion on every major release!
Candidates must work well on a team, have an interest in developing large distributed systems with a strong focus on server-side C++, and exhibit a passion for creating core technology used by other engineers.
· Contribute to the development of architecture, technology, frameworks, and libraries (our core platform) which facilitate the authoring, deployment, and operation of scalable, highly performant, and highly available distributed services
· Adhere to established coding standards & development practices, maintain efficient coding practices, and produce clean code that works · Perform research to discover new, enabling technologies and acquire knowledge necessary to complete assigned tasks
· Create technical design documents and other artifacts
· Participate in on-call rotation to rapidly resolve live incidents related to our systems
· Collaborate with teams building on the core platform
· Work with Site Reliability Engineering to optimize CI/CD service containerization, deployment, and autoscaling
· Work with IT on optimizing internal and external cloud infrastructure · Focus on outcomes, rather than output · Uphold and promote the Blizzard Core Values
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences... ever.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.