Principal Software Engineer- SDK - Unreal
18 days ago
At AccelByte, our mission is to empower game creators by providing them with the backend platform and tools required to make scalable, reliable AAA-quality games. The company was founded in 2016 by industry veterans who have engineered online systems for some of the largest game and distribution platforms in the world including Fortnite, Epic Store, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and EA Origin. We are backed by top investors including Softbank, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Galaxy Interactive, NetEase, and Krafton. Our latest Series B funding has firmly solidified our place as a top player in the gaming industry. AccelByte’s talent has decades of experience building and shipping some of the largest game and distribution platforms in the world.
We believe that the best companies empower employees to make decisions, obsess about the best user experience, and are not afraid to make and learn from their mistakes. Our culture is based on humility, openness to feedback, drive, and collaboration, which we feel results in the best performing teams. As a company that values diversity, inclusion, and employee growth, our employees have opportunities to work with and learn from teams all over the world. We offer competitive salaries, a full range of health benefits, social activities, career growth opportunities, and an amazing team. Come join us!
As a Principal SDK Software Engineer, you define the architecture for large software projects, guide teams of software engineers through ambiguity, and set standards for engineering excellence. You lay software foundations that support long term strategic goals.
The Principal SDK Software Engineer is accountable for the following functions and responsibilities:
- Contribute to architectural decision-making for the SDK, ensuring scalability and alignment with company's technical vision and strategy.
- Design and develop software systems to achieve goals, while also documenting for maintainability.
- Review and provide feedback on coworkers' changes, lead by example by delivering first-class code.
- Investigate complex issues, design better solutions, learn from incidents, and implement long-term mitigations.
- Discover requirements by working with engineering leads, production managers, and stakeholders.
- Train and mentor less experienced engineers, set direction for other engineers.
- Break ground on new projects, perform interviews for Software Engineer candidates, and perform other assigned duties.
- Define testing strategy for large-scale products to prevent operational incidents.
- Create frameworks with long-term ROI, establish standards for engineering excellence, identify risks and opportunities, and motivate action.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 8 years of professional software engineering experience, with expertise in applying algorithms, data structures, and network protocols.
- Extensive experience developing C++ & C# software and expertise with multiple languages and technologies
- Experience with multiple software product life cycles and specializing in APIs and tooling.
- Experience as the primary architect and lead engineer on multiple software products
- Broad and deep expertise in multiple software domains
- Expertise in designing complicated software systems
- Proficiency in written and verbal English language to succeed in a remote work environment
- Flexibility to adjust to work routines/schedules, as required, to meet the needs of the company and expectations of customers
- Professional experience at a AAA game studio or a mature software product company preferred
- Professional experience working with cloud platforms or web products preferred
- Experience working in a multinational technology startup is a big plus
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
AccelByte Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, all qualified candidates and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or disability. Our culture is innovative and inclusive, and we value our people the highest.
Please visit our career page for a complete listing of our open positions https://accelbyte.io/careers