Senior Software Engineer - Graphics
9 months ago
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - GRAPHICS
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Are you a rendering specialist who takes pride in amazing gamers with cutting-edge lighting, shaders and post-processing techniques? Are you an innovative problem-solver capable of creating flexible systems and squeezing performance from a wide variety of visual scenarios? Looking forward to flexing your capabilities on the next generation of consoles? If you are an experienced graphics software engineer who is smart and passionate, can design, develop and maintain C / C++ code and HLSL shaders; has a strong math background, and are driven by the pursuit of excellence, we would like to hear from you!
As a Senior Graphics Software Engineer, you will work with engineers, lighting, tech and character artists to develop realtime rendering systems, shaders and techniques that will shape the look of the next WWE2K game. From advanced features for realistic human characters, to visual effects, lighting, performance and UI, you’ll play a part in all aspects of the rendered image in the final game.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates who consider themselves client-side developers, backend developers, or full-stack developers. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You’ll Do
- Develop shaders and techniques to advance the visual quality of in-game characters
- Invent techniques to preview and troubleshoot the visual look of player-created characters
- Pioneer new techniques to leverage advanced features of Gen 9 (PS5, Xbox Series X) consoles
- Drive visual improvements to VFX, lighting, and post-processing graphics features
- Participate in system-wide upgrade initiatives to keep our rendering tech cutting-edge
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer, designing and writing realtime graphics code
- Multiple shipped AAA games, or equivalent experience from the graphics technology industry
- Mastery of HLSL / GLSL shader development
- Deep understanding of 3D graphics, associated math, rendering algorithms
- Experience with realtime graphics performance techniques, trade-offs and optimizations
- Highly Proficient in C / C++
- Experience with realistic human/character rendering techniques
- Integration of simulations for cloth and/or hair
- Familiarity with sports entertainment and the WWE
- Problem solver, innovator, pioneer