Senior Software Engineer, Graphics
14 days ago
Unity Engine is used by millions of creators around the world to build powerful and engaging real-time experiences. At the heart of this is graphics, from the initial point of content creation down to the final pixels on the target device.
The Texturing team is on a mission to build and improve Unity's texturing API and Texture Streaming technology. We are designing and implementing systems that handle large texture data sets, improving on iteration speed on texture content and improving on texture quality through innovative texture codecs.
We are looking for a Senior Graphics Engineer to design and implement texturing and texture streaming APIs and technology. You will work on designing and improving the Mip Map Streamer and Streaming Virtual Texturing systems, besides helping out the team on maintaining all things related to textures. Your mission is to ensure these technologies work great with all existing Unity systems and empower all Unity users, whether they are new developers or experienced graphics engineers.
What you’ll be doing
- Extend and improve the existing texturing APIs
- Work on improving and maintaining Virtual Texturing and Mip Map Streaming in Unity.
- Create new and maintain existing systems, improving performance, testability and stability
- Create new intuitive APIs and user interfaces that empower creators and artists
What we’re looking for
- Confirmed programming skills in C/C++ and C#
- Solid understanding on real-time graphics including texture rendering and technologies
- Strong problem solving skills
- Understanding of modern engine systems and rendering architectures and experience of working on real-world productions or large multi-platform engines
- Ability to collaborate with developers, customers, and leadership, both verbally and via documentation
You might also have
- Experience with Virtual Texturing and texture streaming
- Experience with texture compression
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engines
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.