Senior Software Engineer, Graphics - Spotlight
San Francisco, CA, United States
3 days ago
As a Senior Graphics Programmer on the Spotlight Team you will work closely with the best Game Studios and Developers to really push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity. You will implement new Unity features, or optimize current features in conjunction with our partners. You will work with many different teams so you should enjoy meeting new people, and be prepared to travel. This is a great opportunity to contribute to big AAA projects without being tied to the 2-3 year development cycles that typically involves. The ideal candidate will be an experienced graphics programmer that loves working with artists to realize their vision while maintaining a silky smooth frame rate.
- Work with external team to create high-end showcases for Unity
- Develop features, workflows or effects as needed in collaboration with artists
- Optimize systems and tools to work smoothly with massive data sets
- AAA game development experience with several titles shipped on PC or Console
- Excellent and current programming skills. C/C++, C#
- Performance minded development and optimization skills
- Strong multithreaded programming skills
- Comfortable with 3D math and graphics algorithms
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engines.
- Ability to travel once per month on average
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.