Senior Software Engineer, Graphics, AI@Unity
Bellevue, WA, United States
2 days ago
The AI@Unity Engine Performance team is looking for a dynamic Senior Software Engineer to build cross-platform performance frameworks and libraries to support our efforts in Machine Learning. From running Game Simulations to Synthetic Data Generation, our Machine Learning team is leveraging the Unity development ecosystem to advance the field of Artificial Intelligence, and our Engine Performance team is pivotal to that goal.
Our Engine Performance team is chartered with exploring how we can best optimize the performance of Unity’s core engine to work in service of our various machine learning projects. Whether it be collaborating and researching the latest advancements in our DOTs architecture or digging into core engine code, our team fuels the ability for other teams at Unity to make the most of our development platform. If you have experience with game engine development, graphics APIs, and a passion for pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with Unity, then we want to talk with you!
- Develop integrations with applications, development frameworks, and libraries to support industry verticals in auto, industrial and film
- Collaborate with our platform teams (Mobile, Console, Desktop and Special Platforms) to investigate and refactor Unity’s engine code
- Partner with platform teams and owners to coordinate feature development and ensure correct functionality across platforms
- Proactively identify areas for enhancement across the Unity Engine for cross-platform functionality excellence
- Mentor and build a strong engineering organization for AI @Unity
- Extensive experience shipping production quality code
- Experience developing with graphics APIs such as OpenGL, Vulkan, or DirectX
- Exceptional knowledge of C/C++ and/or C#
- Development and debugging expertise across multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and game consoles
- Multithreading experience
- Knowledge of Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development and graphics
- Expertise creating one or more plug-ins for Unity successfully in the Asset Store
- Proficiency in CUDA, Graphics shading languages (HLSL/GLSL/Metal/SPIR-V), Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Computer Vision
- Experience working on developer tools, APIs, performance-minded development and large codebases
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the company
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.