Senior Software Engineer (Gods Unchained)
16 days ago
A bit about us:
The Gods Unchained Engineering team has grown significantly in 2021 and we are continuing to show significant growth going into 2022. As a result, we are looking to hire a new Senior Software Engineer.
This exciting role brings you the opportunity to create an immersive player experience that promotes long-term engagement. You will build a compelling utility for NFTs and ERC20 tokens alike, and work on monetizing player engagement, using this digital ownership to scale, retain and reward our player base massively through creating a multi-platform experience for players.
It's an exciting opportunity to further assist in shaping our engineering practices and processes in a rapidly growing team filled with highly passionate and supportive people. We truly live our company values, which create a culture of experimentation, honest feedback, and dedication.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Deliver a world-class game experience to our players.
- Document new and existing systems, practices, and processes.
- Build new features while maintaining and iterating on existing ones.
- Propose tactics and techniques to help our team operate more efficiently.
- Critically assess our current status of codebases and provide constructive feedback on how to improve them.
- Work closely with your team with a high degree of synchronization about goals and strategy to allow for efficient processes.
- Lead and deliver multiple projects within the Gods Unchained team.
- Help estimate and prioritise proposed features.
- Drive a culture of innovation to positively impact all of engineering.
We would love you to have:
- Strong level of professional Software Engineering experience. (Frontend, Backend + Fullstack are all considered).
- Experience delivering Web applications / Backend integration and APIs.
- An actionable level of knowledge with SOLID / Clean code Principles.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Proven mentorship and coaching skills.
- Experience working with Microservices Architecture.
- Design Systems
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience in a start-up / scale-up.
- Gaming experience.
- Professional or hobbyist level Blockchain / Solidity experience.
Some of the things we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Flexible working life and $750 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our new, shiny, Sydney office the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $750 contribution
- Paid Parental Leave: We celebrate our growing Immutable family! New parents will receive 12 weeks (primary) and 2 weeks (secondary) paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program: A 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
- EOY and Birthday Leave: You can enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at EOY and a paid day off for your birthday
- Internet and Phone Allowance: $900 annually to put towards your mobile and internet expenses
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. You’ll get access to thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy, and Naspers. Immutable will also contribute between $1500-$2000 annually for you to invest in your continued education
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.