Senior Software Engineer (Generalist) - Toys for Bob
9 days ago
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer (Generalist) - Toys for Bob
Toys for Bob is seeking a passionate Senior Generalist Engineer to join our high-caliber team. We are actively recruiting engineering talent to work on systems across multiple titles. This is a great opportunity to be part of a driven and passionate team that defines and shapes our player’s experience.
- Contribute to the design of our gameplay and tools systems
- Develop, modify, and debug software in script and C/C++
- Deploy, optimize and test software on PC and console platforms
- Collaborate with other internal departments (art, design, audio, QA, etc.)
- Document software and features for internal and external teams
- Participate in the code review process
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
- Shipped multiple game titles
- 7+ years of experience working in the game industry or related field
- Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
- Passion for games
- Aptitude for systems design and innovation
- Understanding of animation systems and techniques
- Familiarity with physics simulation
- Experience with console development
About Toys for Bob
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical AAA console games for more than 30 years. We play in a former military hangar that’s been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge.
Best known for inventing the “Toys-to-Life” genre with Skylanders ® , we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to create memorable new experiences that inspire joy through levity and play. If you love games, are great at what you do and don’t take yourself too seriously, we’d love for you to be part of the family!
Toys for Bob is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.toysforbob.com, on Facebook and @ToysForBob on Twitter.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Toys for Bob is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.