Senior Software Engineer, Gaming
14 days ago
About this Role
What will you do at GreenPark Sports as a Senior Software Engineer, Gaming?
- Lead the research, analysis, design, and recommendation of technical approaches for solving challenging and complex development and integration problems
- Own the code you write including manually testing, writing automated tests, and participating in on-call schedules
- Think in scale as you guide the team to design and develop scalable, performant, fault-tolerant applications
- Advocate for best practices and design patterns so that as our team grows, our codebase does as well and newer members of the team can onboard easily have the resources available to them to get up to speed quickly
- Work with product and design teams to develop the latest features and systems that power our game
- Serve as a resource for other team members when they encounter problems, need assistance, or share genuine curiosity to learn
- Make sure app load times and memory/CPU/battery usage, and network performance are considered and accounted for everything we build
You may be a great candidate for this role if:
- 5+ years of professional programming experience with a focus on mobile game development
- Expert with Unity3D and its development environment and process
- Expert with C#
- Nice to Have: Knowledge and familiarity with building native applications for Android and/or iOS using Java (or other JVM language) or Objective-C/Swift
- Nice to Have: Proven experience with real-time multiplayer game development and has shipped at least 1 multiplayer title
What We Offer
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you'll be hands-on, collaborating, and learning right away
- Flexibility: We are a fully remote team with team members located across the United States
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As a team member, you'll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision (100% employee coverage / 50% dependent coverage for base plans ), 401K, Paid Parental Leave, LTD/STD, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life Insurance, Flex PTO, and EAP
Who We Are
Sports is more than a game, and so are we. Genuine collaboration, integrity, and heartfelt camaraderie are what make us a true team. We believe in the success of our company, partner relations and that our player community must ultimately be driven by the strength of our inclusivity, diversity, and integrity. We believe that we must be the global community that we are building for. This is what creates the Future of Fandom. This is what makes us GreenPark.
Job Applicant Notice at Collection
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at GreenPark Sports, Inc. When creating a profile and submitting your application, we will collect the following categories of personal information: direct identifiers, such as your name and contact information; professional information, such as your previous employment, education background, and work authorizations (e.g., work visas); and other information you include in your resume, cover letter and other job application materials, such as your preferences, skills, abilities, and references. We also may collect your social media information if you connect your social media account when creating a profile.
We use each category of the information you provide to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) that you apply to and other job openings at GreenPark Sports, Inc. that we think may interest you. We also use each category of information for other business purposes, including to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, to manage our workforce, to detect security incidents, and to protect against fraudulent or other illegal activity.
Please note: Due to recent phishing incidents involving individuals posing as GreenPark Sports agents requesting interviews from those applying to our job postings, please be sure to verify the email address you receive requesting an interview. GreenPark Sports does not use a gmail.com address for any communication.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.