Senior Software Engineer (Games)
8 months ago
The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go-to” provider of technical services. By working as their external development partner, we enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. In doing so, we enable our clients who are operating in complex and fast moving environments to remain lean and agile, and to focus on creating and monetizing the most engaging experiences. We are trusted and relied upon by many of the world’s leading video game companies to work alongside them during concept, development and live operations by leveraging the breadth and depth of our industry leading service lines every step of the way.
Marching Cube, A Keywords Studio, is seeking a highly motivated and skilled senior-level software engineer. This role will include leadership on a project as well as mentoring peers throughout the studio. The ideal candidate can take down most any task while maintaining the highest levels of design. They can not only implement new features but also debug and profile existing code. The candidate should have deep knowledge using C++/C#, but also the ability to transition to any tool or language as needed.
This position will begin as a Work From Home position, but once COVID restrictions are lifted, it will transition to being completely on-Site in the Austin, Texas studio.
- Implement well designed and documented features in C++/C#
- Provide work estimates and complete tasks on schedule
- Debug and profile new and existing code
- Provide leadership and mentoring
- Proficient in C++/C#
- Can develop games in Unreal Engine using C++ and blueprints
- Can develop games in Unity using C#
- Can write technical design documents
- Has shipped at least one title on any major platform
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra
- Mobile Game Development
- Console Game Development
- VR Development
- Experience with OpenGL, DirectX, shader development (GLSL, HLSL)
- Passionate Indy game developer
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision
- PTO and Corporate holidays
- 401k Matching
- Tuition reimbursement