Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay Combat - Unannounced Survival Game
9 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay Combat - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
We are seeking an experienced Gameplay Engineer to help build first-person player mechanics for our game. We need someone to help us build out our 3C mechanics (Character, Camera, and Controls) as well as work with our design team to build player survival and combat abilities. If you are interested in helping us bring our characters to life and crafting a compelling modern first-person game experience, we need you!
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we’re obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you’re looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We need help with
- Bringing our player characters to life, including animation, movement, abilities, camera and control mechanics.
- Using your experience to architect efficient and robust systems upon which our game features are built.
- Collaborating with content creators and other gameplay teams to learn and understand their needs.
- Championing Blizzard’s core values.
What you are good at
- Modern player animation and control techniques relating to first-person movement and combat.
- Crafting network synchronized combat mechanics and player abilities.
- Making and shipping AAA games!
- The ability to understand and write effective and efficient C++ code
- Communicating ideas clearly, learning from others, and giving meaningful feedback.
- Math, with a strong proficiency in linear algebra, trigonometry, and 3D vector manipulation
- Collaborating with content creators (designers & artists).
- Actively and enthusiastically seeking out help, advice, and reviews.
- Performance analysis and code optimization.
- Enjoy playing a variety of video game genres and titles.
Extra awesome points for
- Prior experience with fast-paced multiplayer games and the systems and architectures they depend on.
- Shipped AAA game titles or equivalent product development experience.
- Familiarity with visual scripting languages (such as UE Blueprint).
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.