Senior Software Engineer - Gameplay & AI
5 days ago
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Do you live and breathe the challenge of designing and implementing sports AI and behavior systems that truly capture the sport’s essence while providing an intuitive, engaging, deep, and yet casual gameplay experience? Nifty Games is hiring a Senior Gameplay and AI Engineer to join our team to ensure our games are delivered at the highest level of quality. You will own the hands-on coding responsibilities for multiple games, beginning with NFL and NBA, and leverage your knowledge of building fun, engaging mechanics to bring to market.
- Expert in C#, C or C++ (C# preferred)
- 4+ years of gameplay engineering experience
- Accomplished in developing AI for major team-based sports games
- Experience architecting and maintaining complex game systems
- You are an avid sports fan and love to play sports games
- Work with project leads to identify and prioritize new and improved gameplay systems.
- Own the implementation and tuning of gameplay systems that are authentic to the title’s sport.
- Collaborate with designers to ensure the systems you create are fun and engaging in your 1st game through your 1000th game.
- Contribute to cross-product gameplay utilities that will ease development pressures across multiple titles.
- Be able to be both a codebase owner, and a chameleon when contributing to multiple projects.
- Experience developing deterministic multiplayer (head-to-head) gameplay and systems
- Familiarity with 3D character animation techniques and their impact on gameplay systems
- Exceptional problem solver who thrives in uncertainty and is able to identify multiple, creative solutions to the various challenges developers and publishers face
- A team-first player who is able to work well with all disciplines, both on-site and remote
- Experience developing in Unity on mobile platforms, prior shipped Unity games is a plus
- Detailed-oriented and organized with strong written and verbal communication skills
What Additional Skills Will Help You Stand Out?
- An appreciation for modern day NFL and/or NBA strategy
- Good instincts for usability, UI/UX, and on-field/court visual communication
- Experience with Perforce and Agile development
Nifty Games, Inc is an equal opportunity employer with offices in Chicago, the San Francisco Bay Area, and the Greater Los Angeles region. This role can be placed in any location. Nifty Games is a venture-funded games developer & publisher focused on quick session, head to-head sports games for mobile devices. Nifty Games is a proud partner of the NFL, NFLPA, NBA & NBPA. Learn more at www.niftygamesinc.com. Nifty Games, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. During the current COVID-19 pandemic, we will be exercising caution with all employees ,and are not requiring employees to work on-site at this time. This role will likely be starting in a "work from home" capacity until conditions allow for a safe return to the office.