This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer - Game Engine Exploit Reverse Engineering
5 months ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior Software Engineer for Exploit Reverse Engineering on the game engine security team, you will harness the creativity of user-generated games and apply industry-leading algorithms and methods to keep Roblox as a platform that developers and users trust, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR. If you want to focus on solving complex engineering challenges to protect Roblox from malicious users/attackers, identify and classify bad behaviors, thwart hackers and prevent exploiters, you'll be right at home within our highly skilled and rapidly growing Game Engine team.
You’ll need a background in reverse engineering to analyze and identify the general characteristics of Roblox exploits; an in-depth understanding of low level programming in C++ and assembly; and strong software development skills to design and build your security solutions into software.
- Experienced: you're an expert in reverse engineering with a strong understanding of reverse engineering tools and methodologies. You're fluent in software development with professional experience in C++
- Low-level: you're highly experienced in assembly programming and low-level machine architecture, and able to use reverse engineering tools such as IDA Pro, Ghidra, WinDbg, OllyDbg
- Cryptographic: you're experienced in system security, software protection and man-at-the-end attacks, and knowledgeable in applied cryptography
- Engine/platform oriented: you're excited about developing security mechanisms from scratch to protect a game engine or a similar platform, and comfortable developing cross-platform code
- A leader: you are comfortable in building and growing partnerships across engineering teams to build and deploy secure features
- A team player: you have a positive attitude, communicate well, motivate and efficiently collaborate with other team members
- Eager to learn: you're able to adapt to a dynamic-everything environment where pre-computation isn’t possible
- Reverse engineer the Roblox exploits & cheats in the wild
- Identify attack vectors that can be used to exploit Roblox software
- Innovate and build defensive tools and techniques to protect Roblox game engine from malicious exploiters
- Self-organize and take ownership of the project throughout its full lifecycle, with opportunities to help build a team that does the same
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to deliver a secure platform using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
Nice to Have:
- Experience in malware analysis, detection and prevention
- Good understanding of common game exploitation methods
- Experience with Lua
- Experience in building games with Roblox Studio