Senior Software Engineer - Game Development
7 months agoGameSim is a collective of talented engineers and technical artists who bring expert-level knowledge of gameplay, game engines (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, to name a few), rendering, physics, user interfaces, optimization, certification, and development on all platforms, from current to next-gen. Our engineers are highly skilled at collaborating with external teams, embracing the philosophy that each member is an extension of the client, an attitude that transcends any work-for-hire mentality.
Our team cares about the quality and creativity of every project as if it were their very own.
We are currently looking for experienced, dedicated and hard-working Senior-level Software Engineers to join our already awesome team. As a GameSim Engineer, you will use C++ as the primary development language and will be responsible for developing prototype applications, implementing new features, as well as improving and maintaining existing code.
As an experienced Senior Software Engineer you will be comfortable eliciting feature requirements from customers, designing new features, and tasking other team members to implement them within schedule. You will be capable of completing jobs on time and with a high degree of quality, with a minimal management/oversight.
Some of the cool stuff you'll be doing:
- 40% to 60% hands-on coding
- Working with customers and to understand customers needs and proudly delivering a great code
- Develop well-designed and documented software within schedule
- Directly responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties as assigned by manager with accountability and responsibility defined prior to the commencement of these duties
- Write technical design specifications
- Create and maintain modular interface components
- Profiles and optimizes software components
- Research and assess new techniques and technologies
What you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++
- Must be able to design, test and debug own code without assistance from other Software Engineers
- You are a talented self-motivated individual with the capability and drive to lead technical initiatives.
- You are creative, committed, and communicative
- Technical leadership, and/or mentoring experience
- Experience working with consoles and/or mobile gaming
- Several years of experience developing rendering systems and tools for AAA console and PC video games
- Knowledge of C# is an asset.
What's in it for you?
Apart from the opportunity to work with an awesome group of colleagues on some truly interesting projects, we also offer the following:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Opportunity to work on different IP
- 3 weeks of paid leave
- Full Benefits package including medical, dental and vision
- Paid Sick Leave
- Disability Coverage
- Performance bonus
- Corporate holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching
- Professional Development
- Onsite gym (Orlando, FL)
- Comfortable working environment
- Snacks, drinks, ping pong, 250+ game arcade, and more!