Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Redwood City, CA
11 months ago
Illumix is an integrated gaming and technology company, transforming the future of mixed reality with environmentally-intelligent, world-scale AR games.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about creating scalable, reusable clean code. You're the kind of engineer who excels at execution and is thinking about the larger product. You have experience building both server and client features for games. You have developed APIs before and are excited about setting up a feature-based architecture between backend and frontend systems. You are eager to work in a small team building augmented reality games.
- Work closely with client and server engineers to craft features that run in both the client and server codebases
- Carefully balance client responsiveness with server security
- Adhere to architecture and design guidelines of both codebases
- Create features, systems, and tools to help avoid code duplication
- Participate in the technical design and planning process
- 2 or more shipped 3D titles on iOS/Android
- 4 or more years of engineering experience at a professional studio, 2 years with Unity
- Experience with secure, scalable RESTful API design and development for mobile games or similar systems
- Background in implementing server side code
- Ability to collaborate and communicate in cross-functional team environments
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience implementing or working on networked multiplayer games (client focus with knowledge of server)
- Experience with Augmented Reality (ARKit/ARCore)
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Full Coverage Medical, Dental, Vision And Life Insurance (99% for Employees, 25% for Dependents)
- Self Contributing 401K
- Fully Equipped Fitness Center
- Nine Paid Company Holidays
- Free Snacks & Beverages
- Weekly Meal
- Convenient Location in Redwood Shores, accessible by Caltrain with free shuttles to our offices
We are building a diverse team.
Our decisions are based on merit. We are motivated by each other and having the best people by our sides.
If you are looking for a dedicated team that is committed to redefining the future of gaming, Have a look at our open spots on the team and drop us a line. We would love to hear from you!
Illumix is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.