Senior Software Engineer - Frostbite Physics (C++)
14 days ago
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's multi-platform game development engine. We empower game creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing creative engine features and world-class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building technology and working with teams across EA to ship amazing games.
The Challenge Ahead
Our team plays a very important role in the Frostbite engine. We focus on building Frostbite's physics engine and we develop features that directly affect the biggest EA franchises such as FIFA, Dragon Age, Battlefield, and many more.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. We are developing new features for physics-driven procedural animation systems and work on the biggest upcoming EA titles. You'll work as part of a smaller team within the Frostbite Physics domain and will be directly engaged with game teams around the globe to provide outstanding innovation and performance on multiple platforms.
You will report to the Engineering Manager.
- You will collaborate in a distributed team on the continued development of our Character Physics, Collision, Rigid Body Simulation, Cloth, Destruction, and other libraries
- You will develop tools, workflows, and user interfaces to empower game makers
- You will complete all aspects of software engineering including debugging, documentation, and optimization
- You will work with our customers to understand their needs and support their highest priority features and requirements
- You will build engineering skills and physics simulation knowledge with experienced team members
- You will participate in ensuring that our designs are simple, backed up with great documentation (to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance)
- 7+ years of experience with C++
- Solid expertise in physics and procedural animation systems
- Advanced background in real-time systems and multiple hardware platforms
- Experience architecting and delivering large software projects
- Experience with low-level optimizations
- Experience in the game industry or with a game engine
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience delivering tools and workflows at an enterprise-level e.g. using C# and WPF (or similar) to develop complex applications, and to empower content creators