This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer - Frostbite (Automation)
7 months ago
Senior Software Engineer - Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
The challenge ahead:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for Frostbite’s automation pipeline. You will analyse our CI process and infrastructure for our main development streams, and re-architect for scalability and performance. We want you to create the fastest and most reliable build pipeline possible, using data analytics to monitor the overall health, performance and cost.
This is a cross-discipline role, where you get the chance to interact with many departments and partner teams, and have a big impact on the game engine development process. We are looking for a strong generalist who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies, is an excellent communicator, and a team player.
- Deliver cutting edge build and test automation solutions for Frostbite’s large scale software systems
- Architect scalable build systems to support current needs and growth
- Drive reduction in maintenance cost of the build farm
- Design and implement KPI collection and analysis for automation
- Learn and understand the Frostbite tools and services used by the automation system, such as data and code caching systems, automated testing frameworks, etc.
- Work with all target hardware (consoles, mobile, PC, Mac)
- Work with external partners and internal software engineers across multiple domains
- Experience leading organisations through significant paradigm shifts
- Experience working on complex/large scale build systems, ideally for a game engine or large scale application
- Experience profiling and optimisation is desirable
- Experience with distributed and/or cloud based build systems
- Experience with asynchronous, multithreaded application development is desirable
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is desirable
- Understanding of the whole CI/automation process and available tech/tools in that space
- Understanding of speed and memory considerations, and able to implement optimisations
- Knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of Perforce and Git
- Knowledge of script languages (e.g. C#, Python, Lua)
- Knowledge of build configuration
- Knowledge of Jenkins and other build management tools
- Experience with game engines and core technologies
- Experience with msbuild, make, xcode, and Visual Studio
- In-depth understanding of industry market conditions and trends
- Previous experiences in multiple engineering disciplines encompassing the complete SDLC
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Emphasizes practical solutions
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with a collaborative attitude
- Analytically sharp with problem-solving skills and an attention to detail
- Passionate about improving the workflow experience for the end user