Senior Software Engineer | Fallout 76
13 days ago
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, supporting development of Fallout 76, and developing unannounced titles including partner projects and internal IP. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the SkyBox Labs team working on the development of Fallout 76! Working alongside technical leadership, you will be a major contributor in building out and maintaining live content systems on one of the world's most popular AAA RPG game franchises.
A snapshot of your role:
- Collaborate with a team to support and extend existing gameplay systems
- Enhance existing tools and frameworks in order to improve workflow and product quality
- Support multiple disciplines with technical issues and investigations
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback on team members' code, as well as team processes and workflows
- Learn new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
Who are you, and what experience will you bring?
- 5-7+ years of software development experience in the games industry
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience reviewing and writing technical design documents
- Strong understanding of optimization and debugging techniques
- Familiarity with multithreading, memory management concepts
- Familiarity working with AAA game engines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a client/server model
- Experience in gameplay
- Experience shipping a AAA title
- A passion for games!
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Flexible Hybrid and Remote Work Models:
With the goal to provide the best possible work environment for all, the majority of our team is working in a flexible hybrid work model from Vancouver and Victoria. The opportunity to work permanently remotely across Canada is also available for certain designated roles.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Only candidates that reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.