Senior Software Engineer, Engine - Shared Game Engine
9 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, Engine - Shared Game Engine
How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project advances technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are seeking an experienced Engine Programmer who can help create and update the foundations of our engine. Our ideal candidate is someone who delights in low-level technical challenges and can work in tandem with other developers to build out a well-crafted answer to interesting questions.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What you will do…
- Design, implement, document, debug, and test C++ code
- Contribute to the development and discussions surrounding overall engine architecture
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and engineers to develop and refine key systems for use by multiple game titles
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Participate in code reviews and discussions with other engineers on the team
- Serve as a mentor to engineers creating clean, maintainable, and performant C++ code
- Build positive relationships with partner teams and disciplines across Blizzard
To succeed, you must have…
- Communication skills for sharing ideas clearly, learning from others, and giving meaningful feedback
- Advanced knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Understanding of what makes a good API for developers and users
- Experience working with game engines
- Strong proficiency in mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Practical knowledge of multithreading
You’re a great fit if your philosophy is to…
- Refine your work through iteration until you can deliver an epic experience/product
- Value diversity and differences in others
- Find simple and practical solutions by building on the ideas and work of others
We’d love it if you also have…
- Experience in Entity-Component-Systems and data-oriented design
- Experience shipping game titles
- Interest in automated testing
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!