This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer (Engine/Graphics) - High Moon Studios
Carlsbad California 92011 United States of America
13 days ago
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer (Engine/Graphics) - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company’s history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! High Moon Studios is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team!
- Develop, design, modify, optimize and debug the Call of Duty engine and related systems (graphics, networking, optimization, physics, animation system, APIs)
- Communicate features and collaborate with engineering, design and art teams
- Participate in the design, performance and code review process
- Contribute to design and roadmap of industry-leading AAA games
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
- 5+ years of experience working with Computer Graphics and/or other game-related technologies
- Excellent C/C++ skills
- Strong math skills
- Comprehensive understanding of CPU, GPU and memory architectures
- Comprehensive understanding in parallel and multi-threaded programming
- Solid debugging skills including ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- Solid code and data optimization skills
- Familiarity using modern GPU/CPU performance analysis tools
- Good communicator that enjoys collaboration with other programmers, artists and designers
- Passion for writing clean and performant code
- Master’s degree in a graphics related field
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL, Cg and GLSL
- Fluent in a modern 3D graphics API (OpenGL, Direct3D, console or mobile equivalent)
- Experience with iOS Metal or Vulkan APIs
- Familiarity with Physically-Based Rendering/Lighting
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare , Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron . We employ more than 100 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com .
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
High Moon Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.